When it comes to buying property, there are often a few surprises in store when the necessary searches are undertaken.
It could be anything from building work undertaken without the correct planning consent to chancel repair liability, often dating back to mediaeval times. This could involve contributions to the repairs of the local parish church.
Northcott Beaton’s Legal Indemnities department works with leading insurers to offer risk management solutions to every eventuality within the conveyancing process, including Planning and Building Regulations, Restrictive Covenant and Defective Title.
Here is a list of our current products. In addition we can organise bespoke cover for any of your needs.
- Building Regulations – including FENSA
- Chancel Repair Successor (residential)
- Chancel Repair Successor Non-Successor (Residential)
- Search Insurance – Purchase
- Search Insurance -no search Mortgage
- Search Insurance – search validation
- Search Insurance – search delay
- Contaminated Land – No or Passed Environmental Search 10 year Policy
- Contaminated Land – No or Passed Environmental Search 15 year Policy
- Restrictive Convenant
- Absence of Easement – access and/or services
- Insolvency Act
- Missing Information
- Lost Title Deeds – including Possessory Title
- Good Leasehold Title
- Enforcement of Third Party Rights and/or Easements
- Flying/Creeping Freehold
- Missing Landlord
- Contingent Buildings