As a consequence of leaving the European Union (EU), the UK is currently in a transition period which ends on 31st December 2020. In the event there is a no-deal between the UK and EU, it is likely there will be a legal requirement to carry physical proof of motor insurance when driving in the European Economic Area, Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland, this documentation is commonly referred to as a Green Card

In the event this becomes a legal requirement, this will apply to anyone driving their vehicle in EU or specified EEA countries under a UK insurance policy. You can find further information on driving in the EU at

You will also be required to carry a separate Green Card for any towed vehicle such as a trailer or caravan. For more information visit

To apply for a Green Card contact us on 01392 426046 or email [email protected] Please note the time it takes to receive the Green Card will vary between insurers.